Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soul Train 70s..."I Was Born In the Wrong Decade!"



I'm sooooo glad that Centric started showing reruns of Soul Train classics. Every time I watch an episode I tell my husband that we were born in the wrong decade. Man, black people use to have fun in those days. They weren't afraid to dance and sing along to favorite songs. I love everything about the 70s and Soul Train managed to capture the style, music and atmosphere of that time.

The Soul Train line of course like many others, is my favorite part of the show. Those dances were too cool!!! One thing that boggles my mind though is why was there always one or two men that had to do a high kick, lol??? What was that about? I always wait for someone to kick and they never let me down, lol!

Call me crazy, but I always like to pick out one person based off their outfit, dance routine and afro to determine which person I would've been like in the 70s, lol...hey don't judge me, its fun! In the video below I'm the girl at the 3:16 point, lol!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment