Monday, February 14, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Joselyn Coats



Why is music important to you?
Music is my life! I eat, sleep, and breathe it. It brings me peace, happiness, and can even be my voice of reasoning at times. I've traveled, had life changing experiences and have met some AMAZING people all because of my love for music! I wouldnt be who I am today without it. 
Favorite Song and Why?
Wow, how can I pick just one? I would have to say "My Life" by Mary J. Blige because it contains some of the realest lyrics ever written. It gives great advice that I've come to follow from time to time. Despite the mellow groove and the pain in her voice, its very uplifting (to me).
Favorite Musician and Why?
Mary J. Blige. She has always been an artist that I can relate to. I've followed her career since "Whats the 411?" and I feel like I have grown and matured with her. She's one of very few artist that can change their sound, look and even lyrical content and STILL produce great hits and keep a steady fan base. 
Top 5 albums:
(In no particular Order)
1. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
2. Mary J. Blige-My Life
3. Tweet-Southern Hummingbird
4. 112-112 
5. Outkast-The Love Below
How do you keep real music alive?
By continuing to support real artist. Whenever an album drops or an artist comes to town, I am there. I enjoy seeing new and underground artist perform that have a fresh and unique sound. I tend to help to bring awareness of their existence by posting reviews on blogs, tweets, and conversations with friends that share the same love for music as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment