Monday, February 14, 2011

Recap: Grammys 2011

Okay peeps, although for the most part, last night's Grammy Awards show had me yawning I did wake up for the good parts :)

First, The tribute to Aretha Franklin is what set the show off. I actually enjoyed the tribute but Jennifer Hudson showed OUT...reminded me of her Effie days, lmbo! Yolanda Adams and Christina Aguilara also sounded great (although Xtina busted her butt afterward, lol) .


Later in the show Justin Beiber, Usher and Jaden Smith performed.....umm....I won't even bother posting the video, I'll just say Usher did the same show he did last week at the Super Bowl...smh.

I absolutely LOVED the performances by B.O.B., Bruno Mars and the adorable Miss Janelle Monae. I loved that they all played instruments, so cool :) Check it out...


Groovy baby!!

Another great act came from the king of uniquely freakish, Cee-Lo Green featuring Gwyneth Paltrow (Yes the actress, lol) who did surprisingly well! Anyway, his performance was so much fun to watch and sing along with. Love Love Love the Band of Muppets, cute!


I knew I could count on ol' Cee-Lo to wake up the crowd and give em' something to look at!

Okay, now as far as winners I usually don't agree with who the board picks to win, but this year I was pleasantly surprised to see Esperazna Spalding (our first Artist on the Rise Spotlight) win for Best New Artist!!! And get this, she beat Justin Beiber, lol!!! Gotta love it. I was also glad to hear John Legend and The Roots win for Best R&B Album with "Wake Up"!

How did you feel about the grammys this year and what were your favorite performances?

No comments:

Post a Comment