Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Dellareece Jones


Why is Music important to you?

Music is an integral part of my life. I wake up and turn on music, its on in my car or when I'm just chilling at home, and I end the day with music. Music can say the things that you can't say. It could also say what you want to say, in the most brilliant ways. There is a song that can portray any feeling that one may have. Music is art, and I can't imagine life without it.
Favorite Song and why? 

I have a lot of favorites, but I will go with "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder. Its the words, and that wonderful piano entrance of the song. Ribbon in the Sky was the first time I was exposed to Stevie. This song just kinda stuck with me, and I would play it over and over and over. I had to declare it as a favorite after that. :-) I want to dance to this at my future wedding reception.
Favorite Musican and why?
Sade! I love her and her music. She is beautiful even in her older age. Many people may not know, but Sade was never trying to be an artist. She filled in for someone and the rest is history. Her voice is like no other. Never to be mistaken for anyone else. Her music, the lyrics and instruments(because Sade does include the band) always portray feelings that I understand. I forgot the term for her voice type its something alto similar to Anita Baker and Toni Braxton. I love that voice in a woman. Its not always about the highest pitch voice. Her music is also very relaxing, mellow, and grooving. :-)
Top 5 Albums...
Love Deluxe Sade
Come Away with Me Norah Jones
Kayne West Graduation
Writings on the Wall Destiny's Child
Evolution of Robin Thicke Robin Thicke
How do you keep real music alive?
I listen to it, and I don't fall for the hype of some of this music today. I know its "cool" to be up to date with the latest artist and the latest song and dance craze, but I am never really moved to buy albums from "artist" who are "art-less". I know they will still make their money, and thats fine Im not hating...but I'm gonna stick with the good music. The ole skool and the new artist who really create art(Esperanza over Beiber). 

No comments:

Post a Comment