Monday, February 7, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Erika Walton



why is music important to you?
Music is the voice of my soul. It speaks when my heart is expressive and my lips are void of words. It keeps me connected to the authenticity of life and society. Keeping my conscious aroused and intrigued. Music comforts my soul...This is why it is important to me. 
favorite song...
TI-Motivation. In my life I have seen much adversity. I feel like I am an underdog constantly fighting my way through hardship/trial...."If God with me who can be against me sucka/Can't make me suffer, just make me tougher,Motivation...."
favorite musician...

Although I love soo many others I'm gonna say, Ray Charles. I appreciate his fusion of R&B and gospel and actually many other forms of music as well. It was innovative and revolutionary.
top 5 albums...
5.Whitney Houston-Greatest Hits
4.TI-Urban Legend
3.Tupac-All eyez on me
2.Lauryn Hill-The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
1.Maze and Frankie Beverly-Greatest hits 
how do you keep real music alive?
I support artist who are pushing to keep the sound and message of real music afloat. I'm constantly looking out for artist with fresh sounds and respect for the craft. I keep an open mind and stay exposed to various types of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment