Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Ferrell Drew


why is music important to you?

Music is my life. I wake up and go to sleep with music. I've always loved the way that music has a power over people, sometimes good and sometimes bad. It can set the tone of your day or when you're in a bad mood you can play the right song and it just puts you at ease. Most people don't realize how much music plays a part of their lives on a daily basis and I just want to be one of those people that can influence people in a positive way through the music they listen to. As a songwriter, I take responsibility for every lyric I write because I understand the power of my words. After God and my family, music is the most important thing in my life!
favorite song...

Urrgh! Only 1? Ok. I would have to say P.Y.T by Michael Jackson. Every time I hear that song it makes me want to get up and slide around my living room in my socks like its the first time I ever heard it. That was our pretty girl anthem in high school! It will never get old to me. Pretty Girl Rock aint got nothing on that song!
favorite musician...
John Mayer. I love everything about John Mayer musically. Its so subtle and simple, his tone is so smooth, he blows my mind with every lyric he writes and I am a sucker for his acoustic guitar. This is one artist I listen to the most.
top 5 albums...
Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, one of my all time favorites.
A Chrisette Michelle/Jasmine Sullivan mixtape
John Mayer - Battle Studios
MJ - Thriller 
The Best of Bob Marley and I don't smoke but if I was stranded on an island I might have to roll up a tree and play some Bob Marley. That's definitely some island music!
how do you keep real music alive?
By being honest in everything I write. I try to put my life into my music, no faking, no flexing, just realness. I don't think people do that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment