Thursday, March 3, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Jarrett Milton

Jarrett Milton: Entrepreneur 


Why is music important to you?
Music is important to me because it fuels life. It brings happiness to those who need it, it passes time when it is needed. It is almost like the word m'fer. You can use it for just about anything. You can paint a picture, you can go to another place, you can fall in love, you can "get high" from music, etc. etc. 
Favorite Song...
I honestly don't have one. I like songs that inspire me. Since you said one I say none. 
Favorite Musician...
Michael Jackson. Why, I could just say he made "Thriller" and be done but the guy doesn't have one song that does not transcend time. The guy does not have one song that can not unite men and women from every walk of life. A true humanitarian. His way of life made it possible to make the music he made. We hear artist describe themselves as not being from earth now. Michael Jackson was living so far away from us he was able to see things from different lenses. He may not have written the music he performed in it's entirety but he was able to perform it the way he did because of his frightfulness. 
Top 5 Albums...
Michael Jackson- "Off the Wall"
Juvenile- "400 Degreez"
T.I. - "Urban Legend"
John P. Kee "The Essential John P. Kee"
Lil KeKe- "Don't Mess With Texas"


How do you keep real music alive? 

I help keep real music alive by only listening to and supporting what I regard as "real music". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as "real music" is in the ear of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment