Monday, March 14, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Stephen G. Brown

Stephen G. Brown: Sr. Pastor of Greater Bethlehem Baptist Church

Why is music important to you?
Music has been in the background of my life for as long as I can remember. From Earth, Wind & Fire to Stevie Wonder, there has never been a time when a certain song doesn't evoke a mood or memory. Spiritually speaking, music has allowed me to engage the Lord in a way that is intimate and life-changing! Music moves...


Top 3 Favorite Songs:
Stevie Wonder "Love's in need of love!", Luther Vandross "If Only for One Night", Fred Hammond "Give me a clean heart."


Top 3 Favorite Music Artist:
Prince, Rakim, Stevie Wonder


Top 5 Albums:
1999, Paid in Full, Rapture (Anita Baker), September (EWF), Songs in the Key of Life.
How do you keep real music alive?
My iPod is always with me...I rarely listen to the radio, because I believe that we have lost our musical integrity and talent in recent years. Hip Hop is the greatest victim of this materialistic driven culture, and R & B simply lacks people who can sing without a studio! So, my iPod is always with me to keep me in sync with sounds that have substance! I am also introducing my son (Nicolas) to a sounds that are timeless: Jazz, Hip Hop, and Worship Music...

No comments:

Post a Comment