Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aaliyah: What's Your Favorite?



"living up to the stage, I got jazz personality, G mentality, beats of soul train"
-Aaliyah (Back & Forth)


Growing up, Aaliyah was the girl I wanted to be like. She had a cool, laid back, jazzy like style and I often times would try to imitate her, lol. Simply put, she was my favorite singer as a young girl. Every time I hear her song on the radio these days I can't help but think...when is her next album coming out...but then I catch myself and just remain thankful for the music she was able to put out in her 22 years of living. It's crazy but without Aaliyah, I would probably be a totally different person...I mean who else would I have tried to be like, I wonder. Anyway, I just wanted to do a small tribute the beautiful Aaliyah "Baby Girl" Haughton. You will ALWAYS be missed.

Check out my top 5 favorite Aaliyah songs below, and also please share your Aaliyah favorites.





1 comment:

  1. Will always love and Jam Aaliyah. To this day I still remember the day she died...couldnt believe it. Her career would have went far...couldnt help but to love her

    ReplyDelete