Monday, January 31, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Krystal Tezeno


why is music important to you?
"Music is the soundtrack to life! Music motivates and moves me with it's melodic tones. It speaks not only to my heart, but feeds my soul. Music says the things I'm scared to say, those things I wish I could, and composes my thoughts into masterpiece stanzas. That is why music is important to me!"
favorite song...
"Donny Hathaway "A Song for You". I love, love this song. Starting with the introduction of the piano scales played at the beginning and then it continues mid song; it captures my attention. There are moving verses throughout the song that are my favorite, such as "Your image of me is what I hope to be" and "You taught me precious secrets of a true love. You came out in front when I was hiding. Now I'm so much better" and "I love you in a place where there is no space or time". This song talks about one who is afraid of love and is experiencing what it's like to learn to love without limitation and have love expressed to you without qualification. It's powerful and I love it!"
favorite musician...
"I fell in love with Prince when I was a little girl. "Purple Rain" introduced me to this amazing musician, songwriter, vocalist, and performer. He captivated me and still continues to with his talents. He is simply one of the greatest of all time!"
Top 5 Albums... 
#5 Erykah Badu: Baduizm (Introduced me to an era known as neo-soul; in my opinion, she is in a class all by herself)
#4 Beyonce: Dangerously In Love (love the musical arrangement on this album and her vocals; this album introduced us to the solo artist and diva that we know today as BEYONCE!)

#3 Tupac: Me Against the World (Tupac is referred to as a gangster rapper but to me and and many others, one of the greatest street poet/lyricist of all time)
#2 R Kelly: R (love and passion at its finest, enough said)
#1 Isley Brothers: Mission to Please (I love, love, the Isley Brothers. I was introduced to them at a young age, not by my parents, but simply hearing them on my city's local old school R & B radio station and thought "I like how they sound. That man is smooth (referring to Ronald Isley)" From there I became a fan!
how do you keep REAL music alive?
"I keep real music alive by supporting and demanding those artists that produce that real music. I support and demand them by purchasing their music, going to their musical sets/concerts, telling others about the artists' work, and supporting blogs such as "Put Yo Records On" :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment