Saturday, January 29, 2011

Put On Yo' Record: Courtney Lindsay



why is music important to you?
"I think music is important because its a sense of relaxation, comfort and freedom of expression. Music allows your mind to explore possibilities of love, heartache, pain, fun times and every human emotion associated with life. Music has struggled just as humans struggle. Music has helped people get through hardships such as the Civil Rights and other horrifying acts and events of our time and I think that if it wasn't for music being used as a healing method, some of those scars and pains would be left unhealed to this day!"


favorite song...
"I Wish by R. Kelly, because my Senior year in high school I think that song told my story in a sense. I was becoming a man and losing my uncle who was only 3 years older, so it seemed like I was losing a brother and a best friend. I found comfort in putting that jam on."


favorite musician...
"R.Kelly, because from the time I recognized what sounds good to me, it was R.Kelly. When I realized what type of music set a mood, it was R.Kelly. When i realized how versatile human beings could be in terms of love, passion,  pain and pleasure in my era, IT WAS KELS!"


top 5 albums...
R.Kelly- TP2
Jodeci- Forever My Lady
John Legend- Get Lifted
Michael Jackson- Off The Wall
David Hollister- The Book of David


how do you keep REAL music alive?
"By playing and listening to real music, whether its in my car while giving people a ride or in my home when I invite people to chill."

No comments:

Post a Comment